Why is Mold and Mildew in the Home so Dangerous?
16824
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-16824,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-9.1.2,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.11.2.1,vc_responsive

Why is Mold and Mildew in the Home so Dangerous?

09 Nov Why is Mold and Mildew in the Home so Dangerous?

We all know how ugly mold and mildew looks when you see it inside the home. But did you know that there are more things to be worried about when it comes to mold and mildew? There are many harmful effects to your health if left untreated so we’ve put together a helpful list of information.

Mold and Your Health

Tri Res Blog #1 ImageMold can cause many negative health effects to people living and working in an environment that is contaminated. Some of these effects include, but are not limited to, nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing, eye irritation, and in some cases skin irritation. People with mold allergies can have stronger cases of the above reactions. People with a compromised immune system can suffer from chronic lung illness and serious infections of their lungs.

Mildew and Your Health

Because mildew is a form of mold or even considered an early stage of mold many of the above effects you see with mold you will see with mildew. The effects may not be as strong as with mold but can still cause issues to your health.

What Can You Do?

There are many things you can do to help prevent the growth of mold and mildew in your home.

  • Control humidity levels.
  • Fix leaky roofs, pipes, and windows as soon as you notice a problem.
  • Thoroughly clean and dry after a flood or storm that leaves standing water in your home.
  • Ventilating shower, laundry, and cooking areas.

If you notice mold and mildew growing in an area inside your home you can try to treat it yourself by using commercial cleaning products, soap and water, or a bleach solution. Of course you will need to solve the source of the moisture otherwise the mold will return. You can also call professionals to come in and treat the area.

Hope the above tips help you and remember that if you see mold and mildew growing, treat it IMMEDIATELY.

***

References:

http://www.cdc.gov/mold/faqs.htm

No Comments

Post A Comment