07 Feb Water Damage Tips
The Triclean Restoration team has collected some various water damage tips and flood tips so that you can be prepared in the event your home or office suffers serious water damage.
What to Do if there is Water Damage
Here is a list of some things to immediately do when you are suffering from water damage in your home or office.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached. Do not attempt to start removing your wall-to-wall carpet.
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Do not remove books from shelves. Rather pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until a restoration professional can begin this specialized drying.
- Open drawers, closet and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
How to Deal with a House Flood
Dealing with a house flood is not easy. Flooding can cause severe damage to a home and should be taken care of correctly. Floods can be the result of many different causes, from overflowing toilets to violent storms like hurricanes. Read How to Deal with a House Flood.
Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_2155185_deal-house-flood.html#ixzz2YYY9yh9U
Flood Safety Tips
A list of safety tips to prepare for rising water—and what to do once a flood has begun. This includes information for before, after and during a flood. Read Flood Safety Tips.